PART 2

 

The cuts and punctures on Yang's face healed over the course of the next two weeks, but his sight did not return. With each passing day of his blindness, Yang fell deeper and deeper into a depression. The doctor's prognosis was not good. His optic nerves had been severed during the attack. Those words made Yang even angrier than he already was. Maria was constantly at his side, supporting him, but he just pushed her away. Deep inside, he needed her but he just didn't feel like a man or like he was worthy of her love. Yang spent a majority of his day in his room, alone, practicing his Karate to himself. It was the only thing that kept him going. In fact, he was so engrossed with it that he avoided his responsibilities as a King. Maria had to once again, cover for him. She begged him to help her, to confront his kingdom but he refused. He even refused to go outside. Thoughts of Matt Doral constantly raged in his head. Day and night he pretended that he was punching that bastard with a set of brass knuckles. The fact that Matt was still at large made Yang furious. There wasn't anything he could do though. His secluded, angry life all ended one day when he got a visit from one of his long time friends.

 

* * *

 

"ACHOO!" Yang cried as the sweat ran down his face. He punched and kicked the air with incredible speed. His pent up anger burst out of him like a balloon. Promising himself he would never be weak again, the Karate Man conditioned relentlessly. Thoughts of the past two months ran through his head as he kicked into the darkness. That damn doctor told him that he would never see again. Those words echoed inside of him. Never see again. It only made him angrier. I will see again! he shouted in his mind as he executed a leg sweep. And when I do, Matt Doral is going to PAY! He threw himself into a series of round house kicks. The thick sweat stung the last of his healing wounds as it poured down his cheeks. Frustration seeped from his pores as he punched the air. You will pay Doral. Suddenly, a knock came at the door. Continuing to spar with the air, Yang shouted angrily for whoever was there to go away.

 

"I've come a long way to leave now, Yang," the muffled voice said through the door. The Karate Man stopped abruptly, immediately recognizing the voice. Quickly, he made his way to the bed and picked up a rag. He gently patted the sweat from his face.

 

"Come in!" he cried, throwing the rag down and wiping his hands on his pants. The creak of the door was very distinct as it opened. A warm aura immediately fell over Yang as his long time Paladin friend entered the room. With a slight smile, Yang extended his hand out. Cecil reached back and shook it. Yang could feel his surprise at seeing the horrid scars on his face. "They are pretty nasty aren't they?"

 

Yang could sense Cecil smile. "They only make you look like a tougher Karate Master, Yang. How are you feeling?"

 

The Fabulian King rubbed his sore neck as he tried to catch his breath. "Ok, I suppose Cecil. How well could you expect me to be though?" The Paladin's smile faded.

 

"I would expect you to be ruling your Kingdom and loving your wife, Yang. That is what I would expect from the Yang I knew." Cecil's abrupt getting to the point surprised Yang. He turned and walked to the window, laughing bitterly.

 

"Maria is doing just fine with that job. I have to concentrate on training."

 

"Training, eh?"

 

"Yea, training."

 

"What the hell for Yang?"

 

The Karate Master took a deep breath of the cool air and then turned back in the direction of his friend. "I haven't been the same since I was hurt in Lugae's tower. I need to get myself back to that point."

 

"Okay, I can understand your desire to do that. Do you have to push your wife away in order to achieve that? Do you have to push your Kingdom away?" His voice was so calm, so as-a-matter-of-fact.

 

"I am not pushing them away, Cecil!" Anger began to creep into his voice. He heard the Paladin sit down in one of the two chairs in the room.

 

"I knew about your blindness but I have been unable to make it here, until your wife came to me in Baron, on the brink of a breakdown. She was terrible, Yang! Do you know the stress that she has been under since she had to take over your job as King?" Yang was silent, staring blankly into the darkness. "It is YOUR job to be King, not your wife's!"

 

"I know that, but she doesn't mind! She knows that I have to train."

 

"I will bet you that she does mind, Yang." He was silent for a moment before he spoke again. "I know how you feel, my friend."

 

Yang threw his hands up angrily and shouted furiously in the direction Cecil was sitting. "How the hell do you know, Cecil? How can you POSSIBLY know how I am feeling right now?"

 

Cecil calm and confident reaction annoyed the hell out of Yang. "No, I don't know what it feels like to be blind. But I do know how it is to feel absolutely and utterly helpless. I know that feeling more that anyone in this world. Yes, you have lost your sight, but there are so many things that you still have! Friends, your kingdom, your wife. For Christ's sake, Yang! Look at what you have to live for. The villagers of this Kingdom need your guidance! Being blind doesn't stop you from being a man!"

 

"What about my Karate, Cecil?" Yang heard the Paladin get up from his seat and walk over to him. He sensed Cecil draw his fist back and begin to throw it at him. Knowing it was coming, Yang moved his head and caught Cecil's fist. Shock ran filled his mind. He let go of Cecil and felt his hands in awe. The Paladin aura filled the room as Cecil smiled.

 

"Do you know how you did that, Yang?" Cecil said solemnly. The Karate Master's mouth hung open.

 

"I...I...I don't know!" Yang stuttered. "I just knew what you were doing. I could sense it!"

 

"Exactly, Yang! Haven't you noticed how your other senses have increased?"

 

"Yes actually, I have." Yang remembered all the times that he could hear someone come into his room even when they were being almost totally silent. Food tasted better to him lately. His hands were more sensitive to everything. He was able to pick up even the faintest odors.

 

"That's what happens when you go blind! Your other senses are helping you to over come your blindness, Yang. You just have to help them back!"

 

A heavy realization washed over Yang as Cecil's words sunk in. It was true. His other senses had increased and he was too stubborn to realize it! "You are right, Cecil! How could I have been so dumb! Try it again on me! Do something else, though. Don't punch me." He got into his fighting stance. Cecil laughed and jumped into a leg sweep with out hesitation. Yang successfully dodged it, only stumbling a little bit.

 

"That was great, Yang!" Cecil cried, slapping his friend on the back. "What were you thinking when you avoided that?"

 

"I could hear you as you went down so I knew that it was a ground attack. I don't know from there. I can sense things, Cecil. I can just sense them!"

 

"Great! Now it is time for you to talk to Jack Doral's family about Matt."

 

Yang froze, suddenly feeling self conscious. "Um...I don't know Cecil. I'm not sure I can handle myself outside."

 

"Nonsense! You are very capable of handling yourself. You are a Karate Master! You can sense things around you and that should be enough. Maria can come with us to help you!"

 

"I don't want to look like an invalid in front of the villagers!"

 

"You won't! They will be in awe at seeing me, the all mighty Paladin King of Baron!" Yang laughed heartily. It surprised him. That was the first time he has laughed in a long time and it felt damn good.

 

"You are right, Cecil!" he cried. "I have too much to live for. I have to try and learn to overcome this blindness. The first step to that is to find Matt Doral!"

 

"That's right. Come on, my friend, we will go right now. I am sure Maria will be thrilled to hold your hand again!"

 

* * *

The cool wind whipped through Matt Doral's hair and he shined his long knife with a rag. He sat silently against a tall, dead oak tree, looking up to the sky.
I failed you Jack, he thought sadly to himself. I am so sorry. But I am not through. Sure I blinded that son of a bitch Yang but that is not enough for me. He will pay for your death, Jack. You shouldn't have died. Yang should have. Maybe I will cut his wife first and make him suffer. Maybe I will do just that and make him feel the agony that I felt after you died. I love you, man. I miss you so much. Mom is doing all right now. I am grateful for that. She is too frail, though, to fight for you. That is why I am doing this for you. Forgive me, Jack. Please understand why I have to do this. I need to do this for me! I will see Yang bleed before the week is over.

* * *

 

Yang, with Maria's arm hooked in his, stepped outside for the first time in two months. The cool air whipped gently across his face. It felt so good to him. The sunshine warmed his body as he took a couple of shaky steps.

 

"You okay, Yang?" Maria asked him softly, rubbing his arm for support. Cecil stood on the other side of her, watching his friend as he attempted to remember what the outside world was like.

 

"Yea," he said with a slight smile. He could smell autumn in the air. The guards nearby were watching him, probably staring at his scars. He could sense it. It made him a little bit uncomfortable but he shoved the feelings to the pit of his stomach. He turned and looked towards Maria and Cecil. "Let's go!"

 

Maria smiled with damp eyes and began to walk. Yang did a wonderful job of following her lead, making it look like he was walking on his own. The ground felt good under his feet and they made their way through the village towards Alexsis Doral's home. The trip was slow for Yang. He could tell the villagers had stopped what they were doing to look at him. He just took a deep breath and kept going. After a while, Yang did something that surprised not only Maria and Cecil, but himself as well. Without stopping, he slowly slipped his arm out from Maria's. He was walking on his own.

 

"Yang!" Cecil cried with a smile on his face. "Are you sure you are sure you are ready to try this?"

 

Yang nodded solemnly. Being out again made him remember how much he loved the outside. How could I have been inside for so long? Maria let him go, only guiding him only when they came to a turn. Soon, they came to the Doral house. Without hesitation, Yang reached out and knocked on the door. Cecil and Maria looked at each, other, surprised at Yang's sudden boldness.

 

"Don't be so shocked, you two," he said, staring ahead with a smirk on his face. "I'm capable of knocking on a door." Cecil smiled at his friend, who was definitely making use of his new sixth sense. Slowly, the door opened. A tired looking woman stood there, with graying hair and a plain dress on.

 

"Dear God," the woman whispered under her breath. Yang merely smiled, knowing that she was surprised at seeing the scarred and blind King of Fabul at her door step. He reached his hand out is lue of a handshake. Hesitantly, the older woman reached out and met his gesture.

 

"Hello, Mrs. Doral?" Yang inquired.

 

"Yes, King Yang. That is I." She looked at Cecil and then at Maria nervously. "Is there something that I can do for you all?"

 

"Yes, actually there is, Mrs. Doral," Yang continued. "Is your son Matt here?" Cecil watched as her eyes widened at the question. She looked VERY scared, although she was trying to hide it. What do you know about Matt? he thought. He let Yang do the talking though.

 

"No, he isn't actually," she said quietly with a sad look in her aged eyes.

 

"May my friend, Cecil, my wife Maria and I come in and talk to you for a few moments?"

 

"Sure," she replied curtly, knowing that she couldn't refuse the King of Fabul and the King of Baron. She opened the door and motioned for them to come in. "Please sit down." Maria led Yang over to a wooden bench and sat down with him. Cecil made himself comfortable on another couch. She took a seat and faced Yang. "What is it that you want to know?"

 

Yang cleared his throat, suddenly feeling a little bit uncomfortable. Maria took him hand to let him know that she was there for him. He proceeded with what he wanted to tell her. "Mrs. Doral. You can probably see from my face that I am pretty badly scarred." She nodded quietly, listening nervously. "I was attacked a little over two months ago while on a picnic with my wife. You probably have also noticed how I haven't been around for a while. I have been healing and I have most recently felt comfortable with being outside without any sight. Once I had passed that stage, I turned to trying to figure out who it was that attacked my wife and made me blind. I remember my attacker saying to me 'This is for my brother, who died protecting your precious Crystal' just before he hit me with the brass knuckles." She gasped quietly as he hand flew to her mouth. Yang could feel her shock and stopped. "Are you okay, Mrs. Doral?"

 

"Yes," she replied, barely hiding the tears from her voice. Yang noticed her sadness but continued with his story. "When I woke up and recalled this, my wife Maria got out the royal record books and read me the obituaries. Jack Doral, your son, was one of the casualties of the siege of the Crystal of Air. He was the only one of my soldiers that died protecting our Crystal that has a brother. That is what brings me here today, Alexsis. I need you to tell me where Matt is. I want to talk to him."

 

Alexsis Doral was silent, tears forming in her eyes. Cecil sat forward in his chair, anticipating her reply. "I know not where Matt is now, King Yang."

 

"You have no idea?"

 

She shook her head as tears began to flow down her cheeks. "I saw Matt a week ago, King Yang. He came to me and told me that he had done exactly what you just described to me. I haven't seen him since." Yang's heart skipped a beat. Maria's eyes widened. Cecil sat back in his chair, for she had just confirmed what he had suspected. She continued, her voice choked. "Forgive me King Yang. I was going to come and tell you but Matt threatened to destroy Jack's grave site. I miss Jack so much! I don't think that I could have handled that."

 

Yang felt the horrible emotional pain radiating from the woman. He could feel that she meant good. His heart went out to her. Her son Jack had died in battle and now her other son, her only son now, was running from the law with the possibility of being put to death for his crimes. He spoke to Mrs. Doral with compassion. "You are right, you should have come to me earlier. That matters not now though. What matters now is that we know that Matt is responsible for this."

 

Mrs. Doral sobbed as she spoke her next words. "Matt was never right after my husband died in battle when we lived in Damcyan. He was fifteen at that time. When Jack died in battle here in Fabul, he lost it. Jack and Matt were so close!" Yang left his seat on the couch and made his way carefully over to the miserable woman. He kneeled beside her and took her hand. Stroking it gently, he looked up at her, as if he could still see her.

 

"I am so sorry, Mrs. Doral. I know what it feels like to lose. Please don't cry."

 

She laughed sadly and looked down at Yang's scarred face. "I'm sorry. I can't believe the King of Fabul is kneeling by my side. I don't deserve your sympathy, King Yang. My family has taken your sight from you."

 

"I don't think of myself as royalty, Mrs. Doral. I just want to be able to help my people and myself. I need to bring Matt to custody to do that. I have reason to believe that as long as he is at large, my wife's life as well as mine, is in danger."

 

She nodded sadly. Yang knew what was going through her mind. She had already lost one son to death. Now she was at risk of losing another to the same thing. "I realize you love your son, Mrs. Doral. When I find him, I will get him the help he needs. I promise you, you will not lose your son." Yang met a new revelation at that very moment. He was not the only one that felt pain. He wasn't sure if he forgave Matt yet but he needed help. Mrs. Doral needed her son. The Karate Master didn't think that he could live with himself if he caused the death of a such a sick man who had been through so much. With those words, Yang stood up. "I will be off now, Mrs. Doral. Are you going to be alright?"

 

She nodded and stood up. Wiping the tears away, she ran her hand gently across Yang's scars. "You are such a kind man behind such a tragic face. I am not sure if I can forgive myself for not helping Matt when he needed it. If I had done my job as a mother, you wouldn't be here right now."

 

Yang took Mrs. Doral's hands firmly and stared at her with a solemn look on his face. "Matt is his own man. You are not at fault, whatsoever, Alexsis. Just do me this one favor. If he tries to contact you, let me know as soon as you can, okay?"

 

Alexsis once again nodded and sniffed. With a deep breath, she walked over the door and opened it for her King. She shook Cecil's hand, then Maria's hand, and then Yang's. "I'm sorry, again, King Yang." He shook his head, indicating that no more apologies were needed.

 

"Good bye, Mrs. Doral," Yang said and walked out of the house. When the door shut behind him, Maria took her husband's hand and turned him to her.

 

"I am so proud of you Yang!" she cried, kissing him gently on the lips. Cecil whistled.

 

"You should do stuff like this more often, Yang!" he said, laughing and slapping his friend on the back. "I'm really proud of you too, man. It took a hell of a lot of courage to do what you just did!"

 

"Thanks, Cecil, Maria," he replied, smiling. His knees felt shaky. The feat he just accomplished was so great and he was only now realizing it. "It had to be done. Now I have to get back to Fabul and get a search party together. Matt Doral has to be in the area somewhere and I want to find him."

 

"I will help you, Yang," Cecil said. "Tell me what to do and we will find this maniac."

 

"Thanks Cecil. Let's just get home. The search with start tomorrow morning."

 

* * *

 

What the hell are you doing at my house?! Matt thought to himself with panic. He watched them from the distant woods as Yang, Maria and King Cecil from Baron began to walk back towards the castle. His fist closed around the knife and bow and arrow that he held in his hands. How dare you, you blind bastard, talk to my mother. She is too fragile to be upset by you! You will pay Yang. You will pay tonight.

 

* * *

 

Maria and Yang sat together in the courtyard of the Castle, enjoying the warmth of the setting sun. Cecil was resting but Yang just couldn't get enough of the warmth and the cool breezes. It had been so long since he had been able to appreciate nature. He took Maria's hand in his and put his other arm around her shoulder. She snuggled against his muscular body.

 

"I love you Yang," she said softly, squeezing his hand. "You don't know how much I missed you."

 

He smiled lovingly into the darkness. "It seems like you were just saying that to me before this whole thing happened. I have missed you so much Maria. I am so sorry for pushing you away. I can't believe I was so stupid."

 

She sat up and reached up to turn his face towards her. "You aren't stupid, Yang. You were going through an incredibly hard time. Did you notice how I always persisted with trying to help you?" He nodded with a smile. "I love you so much and I wasn't going to abandon you."

 

Yang leaned over and kissed her with overflowing love. "I realize now that it was really your love and persistence that kept me going, not my Karate. Somewhere inside, I knew that you would still love me no matter what my handicap was and what I looked like. Your love has kept me alive, Maria. Without it, I would had withered away and died. I really think I would have."

 

She put her two forefingers across his mouth to silence him. "We are here, together, and that is what matters now. We have our love."

 

"Yes, and I thank God for that. I just have to try and accept this handicap and learn to live with it. That will take me a while, but with you by my side, I think I will be able to do it." He took her into his arms and hugged her thankfully. He thanked the stars for her love. A sad thought crossed his mind. He pulled away.

 

"What's wrong Yang?" Maria said, looking at the sudden sad look on his face.

 

"I was just thinking about poor Alexsis Doral. And Jack. He lost everything when he died protecting the Crystal of Air. He will never be able to feel the love that I do right now. Never. As for Matt, he is just antoher causality of the war that we fought not even a six months ago! He lost his brother. I don't think I could ever imagine losing someone I loved that much. I just hope that we can find him and get him the help he needs before he hurts someone again."

 

"I agree, Yang. Try not to feel bad about it. You can't do anything about Matt's actions."

 

Yang nodded in agreement. Suddenly, he felt a compulsion to do something. "Maria. Would you come to visit Jack's grave with me?"

 

She looked at him, surprised. "What for Yang?"

 

"I need to apologize to him, Maria. I need to apologize to him for not protecting him as much as I could."

 

"But Yang..."

 

"I need to do it Maria. Jack was a great fighter and I want him to know how much he meant to this Kingdom."

 

"Of course, Yang. If you feel that is what you need to do, then let's go."

 

"It definitely is." He stood up and took Maria's hand, helping her up as well.

 

"Should we get a few guards to come with us, just for protection?" Maria asked him with a worried tone in her voice. Yang shook his head.

 

"I think we will be okay. The cemetery is just over the hill in the back of the castle near the woods. It isn't that far. I just need you to help me find his gravestone."

 

"Okay, Yang. If you need to do this, let's go." With that, Maria and Yang headed for the tiny graveyard.

 

* * *

 

Revenge is mine, Jack. Revenge is yours. Soon, it will happen. He will be sorry that you died. I love you Jack. Forgive me. I am doing this for you.

 

* * *

 

Maria reached out and opened the gate to the tiny graveyard. Yang stepped in and took a breath. It smelled good in there, for the relatives of those died kept it littered with fresh flowers.

 

"We're here, Yang," Maria said. She began to lead him from row to row. She looked for the grave of Jack Doral. She saw Sam Garin's and Laura Salma's plus a few other names that she recognized. They finally came upon a grave that was drowned in flowers. The name said 'Jack Doral.' Maria knelt positioned Yang in front of the grave and stepped back to let him be.

 

"Jack..." Yang whispered as the scent of flowers filled his nose. He traced Jack's name with his fingers. "Jack, I am so sorry that you died. I feel so guilty. I feel bad for your brother as well. He is a sick man, Jack. He has taken my sight. I guess I deserved it to some extent because I didn't protect my soldiers." The snap of a twig suddenly rang through Yang's ears. He looked up towards Maria. It was just someone visiting another grave, she told him. Yang nodded and turned back to Jack's grave. "I am sorry that your mother is going through so much pain. I will personally protect her for the rest of my days, Jack, or I will do so as best I can. I know you loved your brother but I am sure you understand why we have to arrest him. I don't want to take him from your mother though. Oh, Jack. I am so sorry that you died." A sudden rustling of leaves and twigs filled his ears again, only this time it was more urgent. He leapt to his feet when he heard Maria cry out.

 

"Yang!!!" she screamed. He began to run towards her but a familiar voice spoke that stopped him dead in his tracks.

 

"I am really sorry he died too, Yang!" Matt Doral hissed with a furious hate in his voice. Yang's heart skipped a beat. He had Maria. Yang could feel the hate and anger radiating from the desperate man.

 

"Matt!" Yang cried, holding his hands out in an effort to get him to calm down. Matt growled with hatred and yanked Maria back.

 

"Don't move an inch, you worthless blind BASTARD!" Matt screamed. "I have a knife to your precious wife's throat and I am NOT afraid to use it." Maria's whimpers confirmed that fact.

 

"Matt, please don't do this!" Yang felt his heart beating out of control. He struggled to get a grasp on his intensified senses. He needed them right now. "Please, Matt. I can get you the help you need!"

 

The mad man laughed bitterly and jerked Maria violently. She cried out, making Yang jump. "Stay the HELL BACK or I will slit her throat, I swear to GOD!"

 

"Yang," Maria cried softly. "He has a knife. Please be careful."

 

"You can listen to your little wifey and make things easy or you can make things hard. Either way, both of you are going to die." Maria cried out but Matt kept a tight hold on her. Yang calmed himself as his hearing began to sharpen. Matt's ragged breathing sounded like a rabid animal. He could tell where the mad man was moving to by the rustle of leaves. Thank God for his other senses. He would be lost other wise.

 

"You know why I am doing this, right Yangy?" Matt said evilly, dragging Maria towards the center of the cemetery. Yang inched along with them, hoping not to let him get too far away. If he could keep Matt talking, maybe Maria could get away.

 

"Why, Matt? I have been wondering that myself. Why did you smash my face in with a pair of brass knuckles?"

 

Because you let my brother die! You were supposed to die, Yang. I didn't intend for you to be blind. I guess it was kind of a torture wasn't it? Well? WASN'T IT?"

 

This guy is nuts, Yang thought. "Yes, Matt. I suppose it was a form of torture."

 

"Damn right it was!" Yang heard Matt wind back and punch Maria. She cried out and hit the ground.

 

"NO!" Yang cried as he began to rush towards them.

 

"STOP!!" Matt screamed, reaching down and pulling Maria up by the hair. He put the knife back to her throat. Yang froze. He could tell that Matt had her in his grasp again.

 

"Take me, Matt," Yang pleaded. "Let Maria go! I am the one you have a problem with!"

 

"I kind of like causing her a little bit of pain!" Maria's scream ripped through the air as he took the knife and cut into her arm. Yang's heart tore in two when he heard her in pain. He was frozen though. The man would slit her throat. The darkness choked him as Yang tried to think of what to do. Maria answered that question for him. Taking Matt by surprise, Maria stood up and kneed him right in the groin. He groaned in agony as he sank to the ground. Yang heard the knife hit one of the gravestones. This was his chance.

 

"BITCH!" Matt cried and tried to lunge after Maria but Yang intercepted him. With a cry of fury, Yang jumped on to Matt, tackling him to the ground. The mad man tried to throw Yang off like he had done in the shrubbery that fateful day but it didn't work. That two months of training in his room did him a world of good. With all his might, Yang punched Matt in the face. His face snapped back and hit the ground with an incredible force. He cursed and swung back, hitting Yang in the side of the head. The Karate Master fell off, scraping his back on a jagged gravestone. The pain was dulled so much by Yang's adrenaline. He heard Matt get up and race towards Maria. With a roar, Yang jumped up and raced after him, basing his path on the sound of Matt's feet crunching on the leaves. He heard Maria cry for help. With a last burst of energy, Yang leapt forward and landed on the back of Matt. They both hit the ground, with Yang on top. Maria placed the knife in his hand. Yang flipped the mad man over and held the knife above his head, ready to strike. He could smell the fear coming from Matt's eyes.

 

I promise you, you will not lose your son. His own personal words to Mrs. Doral ran through his head. He has promised her that she wouldn't lose her last son. With a disgusted sigh, he threw the knife to the side. For a split second, Yang could have sworn that he was able to see Matt's face. The eyes he saw were not of anger but of a child. A lost confused, sick child. And then the darkness was back. He grabbed the Matt's hair and slammed his head down on the gravestone that was beneath him, rendering him unconscious. He pulled his belt off and tied Matt's hands and feet together.

 

"Oh Yang!" Maria cried, nearly tackling him to the ground as she jumped into his arms. Yang held her tightly, more tightly than he ever had before. He closed his eyes and thanked God that Maria was alive.

 

"I love you Maria," he whispered, choked up. Yang held her close and rocked her for the longest time, grateful that she was there with him. It was at that moment Yang accepted his blindness. It was at that moment that he forgave Matt. He had what was most important to him. Maria. Their tears mixed as they hugged each other. They were soul mates.

 

Through sickness and health. Yang thought to himself. Till death do us part. He looked up to the sky and smiled, then pulled Maria into the most loving, passionate kiss either of them had ever experienced.