Final Fantasy 4 Redemption Chapter 1: The Dark Warrior - Rydia's Sorrow

     Finally, Rydia and Folken arrived in Mist. "Uh...Folken?" Rydia asked.
     Folken turned to Rydia. "Yeah, what is it now?"
     Rydia looked at the ground sadly. "There's...something I want to do while I'm here. Mind if we stop for a short time?"
     Folken narrowed his eyes. "We don't really have time to stop...We have to get to Kaipo!"
     "I know...but this is important to me..."
     "Fine. Meet me by the mountain pass when you're ready to go. I'll be waiting there!"
     Rydia stared after Folken. That man certainly is a strange one...I wonder why he's so mad so often...
     Oh, well; guess I shouldn't be thinking about that now. Got more important things to do...
~~~~~~~~~
     "The graveyard..." Rydia stated to herself. "Where all the greatest Callers of Mist were buried...."
     Rydia began to walk up and down the rows of graves, looking for one in particular. Finally, she found it, half-buried and hidden in the corner.
     "Mother...I'm sorry I haven't come to see you at all in 12 years..."
     Rydia began to cry. "I miss you so much...I wish you were still here. I need so much advice on so many things, and I don't know what to do..."
     "But I am here..." a strange voice cried. It seemed to come from everywhere at once, and Rydia was so shocked, she began to look around for the source. "Mother?" she asked.
     Suddenly, the small piece of mist attached to the back of her dress flew off. It landed in front of the grave, and formed into the shape of a human. "Rydia..." it stated.
     Rydia's eyes widened in shock. "M...Mother? Is it really you this time, or another one of Rocalon's tricks?"
     The image of Rydia's mother smiled. "Why don't you look into my eyes and find out?"
     Rydia walked up and glanced in the image's eyes "Mother! It really is you this time!" And Rydia tried to hug her.
     Rydia's mother looked shocked and worried as Rydia tried to embrace her, and fell right through her instead. "I'm sorry, Rydia. I'm not really here right now, and I can't touch you...I wish I could..."
     Rydia turned and looked at her again. "Mother, I'm confused. Why is Rocalon so determined to scare me away? Why doesn't Edge notice me anymore? Why do I feel incomplete?"
     Rydia's mother smiled at her. "Well, Rocalon is afraid of you. That's why he's trying to scare you away. Although you may not know it, you have more power than you've used already...You just have to find the key to unlocking it..."
     "That is one of the things Rocalon's master fears now...As for Edge, fate has chosen a different path for him than the one you wish to occur...I'm very sorry, especially for you...I know you care dearly for him, and he does so for you, but there is one he cares for, even more than you..."
     Rydia looked at the ground sadly. "I know. Jilia. I felt that the second she arrived at Eblan...Edge noticed her immediately, and hasn't noticed me since..."
     "Rydia, the reason you feel incomplete is because you're not doing what you were meant to do...But that's not your fault..."
     Rydia looked up in shock, her sadness at the answer to the second question momentarily forgotten. "What do you mean, Mother? What is it I have to do now?"
     "There is another young Caller girl...Her name is Krossea. She lives in Mysidia...And she has no one to teach her the Summoning magic that belongs to her and her family...She needs someone with experience to show her how to control her powers...For she..."
     "She is the future of our people...If she never develops her full Caller powers, the Callers will never reappear on the Blue Planet. But if she does...her family will pass down the gift, and the Callers will be saved once more...And the person meant to teach her the power..."
     "...is you, Rydia. That is your destiny..."
     "My destiny...is to pass on my powers to this girl, Krossea? So that the Caller line will continue?"
     "That's right, Rydia. That is why you feel incomplete. If you do not do this, you will be the last Caller...Your soul knows this, and thus causes you to feel sadness. The sadness will depart, if you do this task..."
     "But what about Rocalon? I have to help Folken deal with Rocalon! I can't just leave to find this girl!"
     "No, you have to help, and you have to get your spells back. Confronting Rocalon will return your powers to you...And the path you are on now will eventually lead you to Krossea...Just watch for her, and when you find her, keep her with you...And you will be able to complete your destiny..."
     "Mother...I miss you so much...I wish you could stay with me..."
     "I know, Rydia. I love you too...But I can't stay with you. The dead must move on...we can't linger in the land of the living. Just remember...I will always be with you...for I am a part of you..."
     Rydia's mother began to fade, and Rydia began to cry. "Mother...I love you!"
     "I know..." she replied as she faded away.
     Rydia finally collapsed, and she began to cry. "Mother...Thank you! I won't let you down..."
~~~~~~~~~
     "Al, what are you doing!" Falgon suddenly cried, as he came up from behind the girl.
     "Oh, Falgon! I'm sorry...I just felt that girl needed a bit of...prodding in the right direction..." Ell replied. "So I appeared to her as her mother, in order to push her in the right direction..."
     Falgon glared at her. "You know we're not supposed to directly interfere like that! What ARE you doing?"
     "I'm trying to make sure this works out! You know as well as I do that if any of the 10 Chosen Ones back out, ESPECIALLY the two 12 year old girls, Krossea and Rafla, this whole plan won't work..."
     "Yes, I know. I'm sorry. Maybe it's time our Alliance relooked our 'no interference' policy..."
     "And yes, I know the importance of those girls. Rafla and Krossea are the ones who are going to change the history of their worlds, and they will join our Alliance when they become older. Just like you did, and I did, and the rest of our Alliance members."
     Ell nodded. "So it's important that we keep the future progressing in the right direction. If it means our interference in this matter, we should do it. Only the 10 Chosen Ones can possibly stop the 10 Dark Ones that have appeared there now."
     "Actually, Al, there's something I need to talk to you about...We may have a Dark Dimension Alliance mole in the council...Therefore, I believe eventually our intereference may become necessary..."