Final Fantasy 4 Redemption Chapter 1: The Dark Warrior - The Winter Fire Festival

     Rydia suppressed the urge to cry as she sat there, watching the festival. Mother...I can't believe it's been 12 years since I last saw you...
     Next to her, Rosa sat there, unmoving. Rydia periodically glanced at her, but she never seemed to notice. I wonder how she does that; stays perfectly still. I certainly can't...but maybe that's a trick the Queen has to learn.
     Rydia glanced up at the front again. The village elder had stepped up to the podium, and was preparing to give a speech to the crowd.
     "My friends, we are gathered here today to pay rememberance to those who died in the tragic fire the day the Crystal War began. We pray to Shiva, Indra, and all the summoned monsters that their souls rest in peace."
     "I'd like to turn the floor over to Queen Rosa of Baron."
     Rydia turned to look at Rosa, but noticed she was already out of her seat, walking up to the top of the platform. She stepped in front of the podium and cleared her throat.
     "Every year, we gather here to remember those who died in that senseless tragedy. Despite great hardship and loss, we were successfully able to stop a great evil and avenge the loss of those we hold dear. I know that this knowledge can't bring those who died back, but at least take some comfort in knowing that the cause of this tragedy was finally defeated, and will never be heard from again..."
     "I wouldn't say that, Queen," sneered a mocking voice that seemed to come from behind the podium. Rydia was on the podium in seconds, trying to see if she could do something to possibly protect Rosa or the elder. The Baronian Guard moved in to do the same.
     The man who had spoken climbed to the top of the platform, staring at Rosa. "You say the Crystal War is over, that the darkness has been pushed back; but you forgot about me! Now I have returned to wreak my vengeance upon you, Baron, and those who dared to shame me!"
     "Rocalon! Stop! You have no chance of succeeding at your dark objective!" Rosa cried in response. "Your evil is no match for the might of Baron, and you know it!"
     Rocalon just laughed. "So you think my power isn't enough to completely obliterate Baron? Well, why don't I give you a taste of my power, as a reminder of exactly how powerful I REALLY am!" And with that, Rocalon turned and gestured at a house in the background.
     The house burst into flame, and the flames quickly carried over to the next house. People scrambled to get water, trying desperatly to put the flames out; but it was to no avail. The mystic fire was unquenchable.
     The Baronian Guard prepared to charge at Rocalon, but one gesture stopped them in their tracks. They screamed in anguish, knowing that they were unable to do anything to save their Queen. Rydia, too, found herself frozen in place, and, thinking quickly, pulled a Heal Potion out of the bag she always carried with her.
     Rocalon turned back to Rosa. "Now you see? My power is beyond your pitiful comprehension. But there is one who's power is equal to my own...and that is why I am here. You tell Folken that I'll see him in Kaipo, or I'll wipe it off the face of the Blue Planet! You be sure to deliver this message to him, your Majesty!" Rocalon then turned and calmly strolled out of Mist.
     Or at least he tried to.
     Rydia jumped on Rocalon, attacking him while he wasn't looking. She quickly began to summon, knowing that standard Black Magic, even as strong as hers, wouldn't be enough to defeat this man. Rocalon also got up, anger flaming in his eyes. He planned on destroying this young upstart, who dared to attack him; but a better idea came to him.
     "Your magic is your life, isn't it? You've always strived to try and be as powerful as you can, to prevent something like this from happening. Well, what if you were to lose all the power you gained?" And Rocalon gestured again.
     Rydia screamed as she felt the words to her spells fade from her mind. She quickly tried to remember her spells, but all she could remember was basic Black and Summon Magic; the same magic she knew when she was young...
     Rocalon just laughed. "Come back when you're a match for me. Until then, just deliver the message. I'll see you around, your Majesty!" Rocalon turned around and walked out of Mist, heading for Kaipo.
     Gasping in relief, Rosa quickly ran over to Rydia. "Are you all right, Rydia?"
     "No, I'm not all right! That...that...he stole my spells! I can't remember anything stronger than Fire1!" And now Rydia began to cry, unable to hold her tears back.
     One of the Baronian Guard walked up to Rosa. "What should we do, your Majesty?"
     Rosa thought for a minute. She stared at the burning village, then replied, "You know where Folken is, Aria? We need to find him, fast; or the whole world may be doomed."