Final Fantasy 4 Redemption Chapter 1: The Dark Warrior - It Starts

     "I tell you, this won't work!" the large man said. "He's an ex-member of the Dark Dimension Alliance! Just because he helped your chosen doesn't mean he's changed, Al!"
     The object of the man's tirade, a beautiful blue haired woman, stood. "Trust me; this plan will work. He is the perfect catalyst. He will bring the Chosen of that world together against the darkness."
     The man sneered, then turned back to the group of people sitting on the bench. "Are you willing to risk our very existence upon this gamble?"
     The oldest member, an old man with a great white beard, rose from his seat. "Be quiet, Amperion! We've heard enough of your accusations. Let your opponent speak now." And with that, the group turned to look at Al.
     "I know this man; he was originally one of my Chosen. Just because he was a member of the Dark Dimension Alliance, doesn't mean that he's going to betray us!" She walked over to the council.
     "After all, his reaction to the alternate member he came across was pretty obvious. He has some form of natural fear of the other members. I do believe that they may have forced or threatened him into performing their tasks. However, I believe he is far more intelligent than most of their members, and maybe even more intelligent than we imagined. I do believe that he will do what is right, and bring together the Chosen of that planet for the final confrontation."
     The old man nodded. "Very well, we will go with your plan for now. After all, you introduced him into that world before we knew we needed him, so he's fit in. Sending anyone else now would be pointless, unless it was one of us directly. Obviously, one of our members could handle this job, but it would raise unwanted questions. The people in that dimension could NEVER comprehend the truth of our order."
     "Thank you, Wise Master Falgon. I know that this plan will work." Al bowed to the council, then returned to her seat.
     "Let it be known that the council is officially going ahead with this plan. The former member of the Dark Dimension Alliance will be tested for the right to be forgiven, and save the Omniverse at the same time!"
     The members of the council began to file out of the room. Al sat there, thinking. I'm glad I was able to convince him. He was willing to die for me; I believe he will save the world, simply because it's the right thing to do.
     The man sitting next to her put his hand on her shoulder. "It will work, Ell. Trust me. I fought him, and I know. He saved his world from the Dark Dimension Alliance; why should this one be any different?"
     Ell looked at the man. "I hope you're right."
     Ell looked up and saw that Falgon had not left. "May I see you in my chambers, Lady?"
     Ell nodded. "I will be there in a few minutes."
~~~~~~~~~
     "So, Al, why exactly did you send that man to that dimension? Tell me the truth. You could not have forseen this happening, so I believe there's another reason."
     Ell looked at Falgon. "Yes, there was. I...wanted to give him the chance to live in peace. All he had ever known was fighting. I wanted to give him a chance to live normally, and erased his memories of the past for that purpose."
     Falgon looked surprised. "You...erased his memories? Why?"
     "Those memories only brought him torment. He probably would have fallen into despair, even in a peaceful world, if he could remember all the dark things he did. This way, they don't bother him."
     "Then this comes down to one thing: The exact alignment of his soul. Is he naturally good or evil?" Falgon thought for a few minutes. "This might actually work."
     Ell smiled. "Of course it will work. I told you, he was one of my Chosen. His actions were due to a misunderstanding, and I chose to forgive him as a result. Then he proved himself worthy of a second chance at life."
     "I hope it does. Our lives are at stake in this gamble. If he turns, then we'll be dealing with two members who should both be dead. We may not be able to stop them."
     "Yes; but it's the member Zemus who is generating the threat on that world, right? He was Zemus' assistant, and he always wanted revenge for the way Zemus treated him."
     Falgon thought again. "But wasn't he handicapped by a fear of Zemus before?"
     "Yes, he was. But that was long ago, and he can't remember now. He is now Folken, the man with no past. And I know he'll do the right thing."