Dark Moon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Cyhirae

Bet you all thought this would never end, huh? ^_^ Journal style entry here...simply seemed appropriate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Epilogue-
-Told By the Wind-

**One Year Later**

It has been some time since the events surrounding the Dark Moon, but signs of it are still everywhere. That, it seems, was an event the people and world will never truly forget, no matter how much the actual world has been healed. Some cities vanished during that time and much of the population simply didn't survive the rise or the days following.

Still, the people have shown they still have the same ability for picking up the pieces they had ten years ago.Things are slowly being covered up..something both good and bad. Life will be some semblence of normal given time- but still...I find bothering me the idea that the lesson that had been meant to be learned might also be covered. In an attempt to ensure that will not happen, I've decided to keep this journal.

A quaint, overdone solution, but what more can be done? Some great magical storage of my memories of the time? Quite impossible with the most important ones having belonged to another variation of myself. That one who had chosen to hide himself in our dreams- I could never give him due credit. Even if his actions caused more confusion than aid at first, the intent had been plain and one cannot look down on him for that.

Still, for all the settling the world seems to be doing, I can't share in thier contentment that everything is over and done with. As I sit here in Mysidia, I can only think that there is much left undone- and the question must be asked: how does one maintain this precarious balance once it's gained? It is no secret Cecil and I are far from friends and that my word is one he doesn't trust. My being here in Mysidia is certainly his doing- intended to let the wizards keep an eye on me no doubt.

When they had tried to sentence me for my actions on the Dark Moon, I had had a most unexpected defender- For Palom had defended me at every turn, claiming I had once again been under the control of forces I could not contest on my own. If this is genuinely true or not I can't say. Any sense of "I" hadn't truly existed at that time- perhaps I could have contested it, but I did not know that I should have- something that would be too hard to explain to the mages and Cecil. Thus we let it remain at that. The only thing we can't explain is how it all came to pass that I DID wind up under some other power's control. Palom claimed ignorance and I could do no better...

Now everyone thinks it has ended. I live in Mysidia, Cecil remains in Baron, and the distance between us is far greater than the length and breadth of the ocean, and not so easily crossed. This is as much my fault as his, but perhaps we simply weren't meant to be more than balancers to one another. Any chance to truly be brothers vanished a long time ago, and I think he knows that as well as I do....

That still begets the question of this balance however. Will we be the last born champions if we can keep this balance until we die? How DOES one maintain such a thing? These are questions I've chosen to devote myself to as I've been all but exiled here to Mysidia as punishment for my actions. Palom actually aids in this some- and he's a surprisingly able assistant if one is willing to tolerate his endless chatter. Porom also assists- but she does so from a distance, preferring to convey her results via her brother. She is not comfortable being around me- something I can't blame her for after having tried to kill her. She has more common sense than her brother by far.

This is how my days are spent now, peacefully and surrounded by the life I had longed for when trapped aboard the lunarian moon...but still not part of it. Perhaps I never will be.

I guess some things only time can tell..about everything from ancient balances to individuals...

But as I listen to the wind brushing past my window, carrying a distant echo of that final day of the Dark Moon- I truly have to wonder if Fate really is finished with making us dance to her whims....

~The End~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And hereby ends a year long labor of fan-worship of FFIV. The following chapters are appendixes to explain various things that happened in Dark Moon and aspects of it. I hope they help clarify the more blurry points of the story.